1. Unless stated otherwise the terms outlined below apply to ANY competition running on Discover Newmarket official social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn)
2. By entering Discover Newmarket social media competitions you accept the terms and conditions of the competition as detailed here.
3. The competition is open to all UK residents over the age of 18, except employees of Discover Newmarket and their families, their agents, or anyone professionally connected with the company.
4. All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
5. The closing date for competition entries will be outlined either within the competition post itself, or online, and this will be stipulated for all competitions.
6. Entries received after the closing date/time will not be valid.
7. Entries should be submitted by via the competition webpage or emailed to email@example.com. Entries must be labelled with the entrant’s name, email address, mobile number and location of the photograph. Image files must be of high quality, ideally would be be 200 dpi and between 1MB and 3MB. We regret that we are unable to accept postal entries.
8. All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other photographic competition. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entrants must warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it.
9. Copyright in all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. However, in consideration of their providing the Competition, each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to Discover Newmarket to feature any or all of the submitted images in any of their advertising materials, social channels, websites and/or in any promotional material connected to this competition.
10. Only one entry per person. Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties.
11. The winning entry will be that that is judged to be the most visually appealing, original and self-explanatory. The winner will be notified within seven days of the closing date of the competition.
12. Each individual entry will receive 1 ticket to the Thursday of The Craven at Newmarket Racecourses. Only 1 ticket per entry.
13. The winner will receive a Best of Newmarket Hamper. Discover Newmarket will arrange delivery/collection of the hamper once the competition is closed and the winner has been selected. Please ensure that you can be contacted via social media channels.
14. The winner may be required to take part in publicity.
15. Any vouchers must be redeemed within 2019.
16. All prizes are non transferable and there are no cash alternatives
17. Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
18. Prizes cannot be exchanged, refunded or swapped (no cash alternatives) and are non-transferrable.
19. Discover Newmarket reserves the right to change the deadline of a competition at any time without prior notice. However such changes will only occur when Discover Newmarket is forced to act for reasons outside of its control.
20. Discover Newmarket is not responsible for any liability arising from amendments to, or cancellation of, any competition.
21. Prizes cannot be exchanged, refunded or swapped (no cash alternatives) and are non-transferrable.
22. No purchase is necessary to enter any Discover Newmarket social media competition.
23. Unless stated otherwise, transport to and from any prize location is not included and the winner must make his/her own travel arrangements.
24. When entering competitions please be aware that Discover Newmarket social media channels typically operate during normal working hours, i.e. Monday-Friday, 9am to 5:30pm.
25. By entering any Discover Newmarket social media competition you are automatically granting permission for us to publish your name on our social media platforms should you be a winner.
26. Discover Newmarket does not take responsibility for any entries that are incomplete due to technical errors.
08/04/2021Al Fresco Dining – it’s all the rage!
There is less than a week to go before we see the re-opening of some of our best loved cafes, bars and restaurants , albeit for outside drinking and eating only.
30/03/2021It’s all about the Number Six this Easter
The Rule of Six
The importance of the number six has taken on a whole new meaning since the pandemic hit as we can now once again gather as a group of six people – albeit outside.
02/03/2021Mothering Sunday Treat
Give your mum a break from the cooking and home school learning by treating her to a special takeaway this Mother’s Day.
03/02/2021Feel the love this Valentine’s Day
We all know the rules and current guidelines are going to prevent us celebrating Valentines in the usual way, but by now we are kind of used to celebrating at home.
01/02/2021When a Walk is not just a Walk
It was through a love of walking, that our Guest Blogger, Liz Cooke came up with a new business idea and she hasn’t looked back since.
22/12/2020All About a Horse Named Santa Claus
With such a topical name, we just had to run with this blog!
01/12/2020Your Guide to some of the best Gift Vouchers available this Christmas
Christmas shopping maybe a little different this year, but one thing is for sure, a Gift Voucher is always well received.
11/11/2020Things to do in Newmarket this Christmas
Make this Christmas Extra Special
This Christmas needs to be extra special, so we’ve brought together some great ideas of things to do and where to go to help you plan the best December ever.