1. Unless stated otherwise the terms outlined below apply to ANY competition running on Discover Newmarket official social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn)
2. By entering Discover Newmarket social media competitions you accept the terms and conditions of the competition as detailed here.
3. The competition is open to all UK residents over the age of 18, except employees of Discover Newmarket and their families, their agents, or anyone professionally connected with the company.
4. All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
5. The closing date for competition entries will be outlined either within the competition post itself, or online, and this will be stipulated for all competitions.
6. Entries received after the closing date/time will not be valid.
7. Entries should be submitted by via the competition webpage or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Entries must be labelled with the entrant’s name, email address, mobile number and location of the photograph. Image files must be of high quality, ideally would be be 200 dpi and between 1MB and 3MB. We regret that we are unable to accept postal entries.
8. All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other photographic competition. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entrants must warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it.
9. Copyright in all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. However, in consideration of their providing the Competition, each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to Discover Newmarket to feature any or all of the submitted images in any of their advertising materials, social channels, websites and/or in any promotional material connected to this competition.
10. Only one entry per person. Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties.
11. The winning entry will be that that is judged to be the most visually appealing, original and self-explanatory. The winner will be notified within seven days of the closing date of the competition.
12. Each individual entry will receive 1 ticket to the Thursday of The Craven at Newmarket Racecourses. Only 1 ticket per entry.
13. The winner will receive a Best of Newmarket Hamper. Discover Newmarket will arrange delivery/collection of the hamper once the competition is closed and the winner has been selected. Please ensure that you can be contacted via social media channels.
14. The winner may be required to take part in publicity.
15. Any vouchers must be redeemed within 2019.
16. All prizes are non transferable and there are no cash alternatives
17. Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
18. Prizes cannot be exchanged, refunded or swapped (no cash alternatives) and are non-transferrable.
19. Discover Newmarket reserves the right to change the deadline of a competition at any time without prior notice. However such changes will only occur when Discover Newmarket is forced to act for reasons outside of its control.
20. Discover Newmarket is not responsible for any liability arising from amendments to, or cancellation of, any competition.
21. Prizes cannot be exchanged, refunded or swapped (no cash alternatives) and are non-transferrable.
22. No purchase is necessary to enter any Discover Newmarket social media competition.
23. Unless stated otherwise, transport to and from any prize location is not included and the winner must make his/her own travel arrangements.
24. When entering competitions please be aware that Discover Newmarket social media channels typically operate during normal working hours, i.e. Monday-Friday, 9am to 5:30pm.
25. By entering any Discover Newmarket social media competition you are automatically granting permission for us to publish your name on our social media platforms should you be a winner.
26. Discover Newmarket does not take responsibility for any entries that are incomplete due to technical errors.
08/10/2019Junior Guide takes the reins at The National Stud
An Essex schoolgirl has hosted part of a tour at The National Stud after winning the chance to be a Junior Tour Guide in a Discover Newmarket competition.
03/10/2019Halloween happenings in and around Newmarket
It’s the time of the year where the trees are changing colour and there’s a chill in the air.
16/09/2019What to expect at The Henry Cecil Open Weekend
The Henry Cecil Open Weekend will take place on Saturday 21st and Sunday 22nd September, giving visitors the rare chance to see behind the scenes at British horseracing’s HQ.
09/09/2019Celebrate Newmarket during the Gold Season
Newmarket Racecourses is proud to announce the launch of The Newmarket Gold Season, an exciting initiative aimed at boosting the profile of the town’s racing, breeding and sales activities during the busy autumn season.
06/09/2019Meet the Tour Guides: Sandie Edmeades
Here at Discover Newmarket we pride ourselves on having the best tour guides on offer for your day out.
04/09/2019Stage set for fifth Newmarket Food and Drink Festival
Newmarket town centre is set to be transformed into a foodie wonderland during the weekend of 14th and 15th September as it celebrates the finest food and drink from across East Anglia
29/08/2019Three things you need to see at Henry Cecil Open Weekend
There’s so much to see and do during Henry Cecil Open Weekend and this year is no exception with a packed programme to look forward to on the 21st and 22nd of September.
22/08/2019Sink your teeth into these burger spots!
How are we celebrating National Burger Day? By telling you about some of the best places to find a hamburger in Newmarket.