1. Unless stated otherwise the terms outlined below apply to ANY competition running on Discover Newmarket official social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn)
2. By entering Discover Newmarket social media competitions you accept the terms and conditions of the competition as detailed here.
3. The competition is open to all UK residents over the age of 18, except employees of Discover Newmarket and their families, their agents, or anyone professionally connected with the company.
4. All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
5. The closing date for competition entries will be outlined either within the competition post itself, or online, and this will be stipulated for all competitions.
6. Entries received after the closing date/time will not be valid.
7. Entries should be submitted by via the competition webpage or emailed to email@example.com. Entries must be labelled with the entrant’s name, email address, mobile number and location of the photograph. Image files must be of high quality, ideally would be be 200 dpi and between 1MB and 3MB. We regret that we are unable to accept postal entries.
8. All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other photographic competition. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entrants must warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it.
9. Copyright in all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. However, in consideration of their providing the Competition, each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to Discover Newmarket to feature any or all of the submitted images in any of their advertising materials, social channels, websites and/or in any promotional material connected to this competition.
10. Only one entry per person. Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties.
11. The winning entry will be that that is judged to be the most visually appealing, original and self-explanatory. The winner will be notified within seven days of the closing date of the competition.
12. Each individual entry will receive 1 ticket to the Thursday of The Craven at Newmarket Racecourses. Only 1 ticket per entry.
13. The winner will receive a Best of Newmarket Hamper. Discover Newmarket will arrange delivery/collection of the hamper once the competition is closed and the winner has been selected. Please ensure that you can be contacted via social media channels.
14. The winner may be required to take part in publicity.
15. Any vouchers must be redeemed within 2019.
16. All prizes are non transferable and there are no cash alternatives
17. Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
18. Prizes cannot be exchanged, refunded or swapped (no cash alternatives) and are non-transferrable.
19. Discover Newmarket reserves the right to change the deadline of a competition at any time without prior notice. However such changes will only occur when Discover Newmarket is forced to act for reasons outside of its control.
20. Discover Newmarket is not responsible for any liability arising from amendments to, or cancellation of, any competition.
21. Prizes cannot be exchanged, refunded or swapped (no cash alternatives) and are non-transferrable.
22. No purchase is necessary to enter any Discover Newmarket social media competition.
23. Unless stated otherwise, transport to and from any prize location is not included and the winner must make his/her own travel arrangements.
24. When entering competitions please be aware that Discover Newmarket social media channels typically operate during normal working hours, i.e. Monday-Friday, 9am to 5:30pm.
25. By entering any Discover Newmarket social media competition you are automatically granting permission for us to publish your name on our social media platforms should you be a winner.
26. Discover Newmarket does not take responsibility for any entries that are incomplete due to technical errors.
21/03/2019Things to do in Newmarket this Mother’s Day
With Mother’s Day fast-approaching we thought it would be a good idea to put together a list of things to do in Newmarket so that you can spoil your mum on 31st March!
19/03/2019A Newmarket Nights playlist
Last week we welcomed Teagan, a student at West Suffolk College, into our offices as part of her work experience.
11/03/2019The Famous Five, a Cheltenham Tale
In the build up to this year’s Cheltenham Festival we bring you a special guest blog by Stephen Wallis, part of the Visitor Services team at Palace House.
06/03/2019Follow A Foal, the journey begins for 2019
As a way to give you further insight into life on a stud, and what you can expect to see during our National Stud Tours we’re excited to be running our Follow A Foal feature again this year.
27/02/2019Horses to follow from the Haggas string
For racing fans heading on our Discover Newmarket Tours, the chance to spot some of their favourite horses and on the gallops is an exciting highlight.
22/02/2019Meet the Tour Guides: Larry Bowden
Here at Discover Newmarket we pride ourselves on having the best tour guides on offer for your day out.
13/02/2019Things to do in Newmarket this half term
If you’re planning on visiting Newmarket and surrounding areas this half-term there are plenty of things to do especially when it comes to great family days out.
11/02/2019Two new faces to see on the National Stud Tours
Visitors coming on the National Stud tours this year are likely to see two new faces during their visit as new kids on the block Lancaster Bomber and Rajasinghe make themselves at home.