It’s an incredible time to be living, working and travelling to Newmarket. Not only do we have the very best tours of all the must see attractions in town, this weekend, The QIPCO Guineas Festival comes to the Rowley Mile Racecourse for the Bank Holiday Weekend.
With a whole host of festivities planned all weekend, Newmarket Racecourses will also be celebrating the official launch of 350 Years of Making History so there will be extra fun for all the family – and children under 18 are all admitted for FREE.
We’ve popped together a run down of what will be happening at the Guineas Festival so if you’re atttending this weekend, you won’t miss a thing.
– The opening ceremony of the festival will take place in the Parade Ring from 1pm on Saturday 30th April, featuring a tandem Spitfire flypast from IWM Duxford – to mark the racing at Newmarket continuing through two world wars
– The opening ceremony will also see the official 350 Time Capsule opened, and a specially created poem written in honour of 350 years of racing and history, read by Henry Birtles
– For the kids there will be:
a bouncy castle
a giant inflatable slide
– Alongside the flypast of the Spitfire, there will be a replica Spitfire on the Hyperian Lawn for some lucky racegoers to get the chance to sit in
– Waddlegoose Cyder Apres Racing will be one not to miss with BBC Radio 2 DJ, Sara Cox hosting the party on the Saturday and The Wanted’s Tom Parker taking to the DJ booth on the Sunday
Find out all the information as it happens and grab tickets, here: www.newmarketracecourses.co.uk
14/08/2018Three great places to indulge in Afternoon Tea
Here in Newmarket we are spoilt for choice when it comes to finding the best places to take part in Afternoon Tea, one of the greatest of English traditions.
08/08/2018Meet Nick, the newest member of the Discover Newmarket team
We’ve got a new face in the Discover Newmarket office with Nick Gordon having joined the team in his role as Marketing Executive.
30/07/2018The Best Places for an Overnight Stay in Newmarket
Whilst our beautiful market town is certainly the home of horseracing, it is also the home to many wonderful locations for an overnight stay in Newmarket.
25/07/2018Best Country Walks around Newmarket
Newmarket may be best known for its horseracing heritage. But did you about the range of country walks around Newmarket?
16/07/2018Hugo Palmer Trainer and Yard
On the 11th August, our half day Short Head Tour returns with a behind-the-scenes look round the yard of top racehorse trainer, Hugo Palmer.
20/06/2018Family Fun in Newmarket with Summer Saturdays 2018
Family Fun in Newmarket heats up with Summer Saturdays 2018 at Newmarket Racecourses.
How is Newmarket getting involved in this years Suffolk Day celebrations?
08/06/2018The Stars Set to Shine at Newmarket this Summer
Live Music in Newmarket at Newmarket Racecourses’ Adnams July Course never cease to astound and amaze the thousands of people that attend each year.